Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer Local File Accesses Vulnerability

From: "Peter Dawson" <slash.pd () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:11:23 -0500

just asking... Is this std practice by vendor to state.... ???

"[..] we ask you respect responsible disclosure guidelines and not report
this publicly...."

/pd

On 2/19/07, Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () dione ids pl> wrote:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Rajesh Sethumadhavan wrote:

> Microsoft Internet Explorer is a default browser bundled with all
> versions of Microsoft Windows operating system.

Any luck with sending the data back to the attacker? SCRIPT and STYLE ones
can be used to steal data from very specifically formatted files, but
that's not a whole lot.

/mz