Full Disclosure mailing list archives

new worm traveling the net? (GNU/Linux)

From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler () riscworks net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:03:21 +0100

ahoy,

a friend of mine contacted me because he saw lots of emails (60) to
catchthismail () domain tld starting at about 5:00 am (US east coast
time).

so i checked our company's log files (about 300 users) and saw the same
here starting at about 10:45am CET, ending at about 6pm, and about 40
emails of this in total.

there was not pattern except the <catchthismail () domain tld> To: header;
interestingly, scanning a few of those hosts immediately (dynamic
assigned IP addresses) showed that it was GNU/Linux hosts.

is this a new worm spreading or something already known?

wbr,

timo

--
"Or what? You'll release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees
in their mouths, and when they bark they shot bees at you?" (Homer J.