Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Solaris telnet vulnberability - how many on your network?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:08:11 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 Casper.Dik () Sun COM wrote:

Yeah, a backdoor is a remote possibility. But it's also an arbitrary and
needlessly complex one. Maybe it's a nefarious plot by our UFO-appointed
shadow government, but chances are, it's not (they have better things to
do today).

And one which was too easy to discover; real back doors are better
masquared as buffer overflows you might not chance upon.

We all agree it is not a very likely possibility, but I wouldn't rule it
out completely just yet until more information from Sun becomes
available.

There are a lot more relevant issues to discuss here regarding this
vulnerability, however, and we can move on from that moot point for now.

Thanks for your help and Sun's, Casper, but we would all like more
information.

Casper

        Gadi.