Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ZDI-07-069: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup Message Engine Insecure Method Exposure Vulnerability

From: "Williams, James K" <James.Williams () ca com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 03:37:50 -0500

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 03:32:51 +0000
From: cocoruder. <frankruder () hotmail com>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] ZDI-07-069: CA BrightStor
          ARCserve Backup Message Engine Insecure Method Expos
To: <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>, <bugtraq () securityfocus com>

it is so amazing that the vendor's advisory has been released
more than one month ago, (see my advisory of a similar vul at
http://ruder.cdut.net/blogview.asp?logID=221), and another thing
is that I have tested my reported vul again after CA's patch
released one month ago, but in fact they have not fixed it!! I
report it again to CA but there is no response, I guess CA is
making an international joke with us:), or because this product
is sooooooooo bad that they will not support it any more?
welcome to my blog:http://ruder.cdut.net

cocoruder,

We have not received any email from frankruder@hotmail, but we did
receive an email about this issue from hfli@fortinet on
2007-10-15.  We responded to that email on 2007-10-15.

FYI, we are currently wrapping up QA on new patches, and we have
contacted hfli@fortinet with details.

Regards,
Ken

Ken Williams ; 0xE2941985