Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: n.runs-SA-2007.027 - Sophos Antivirus UPX parsing Arbitrary CodeExecution Advisory

From: Simon Smith <simon () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:37:58 -0400

I LOVE THE DMCA!

Kevin Finisterre (lists) wrote:
heh who would do such a thing?

Guess we all get to wait and see who the first Guinea pig is gonna be.

Hope germany has an EFF / Granick floating around to fight off some
of this nonsense.
-KF

On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Blue Boar wrote:

I remember people being all paranoid about the DMCA. They were worried
security researchers would be sued for trying to release vulnerability
information. But since that turned out to be unfounded, I guess we
don't
have to worry about the German thing. ;)

                                     BB

Kevin Finisterre (lists) wrote:
Would you have honestly provided *MORE* detail prior to the law being
in effect?

Doesn't the law refer to things that are intended to be used for
illegal activity?

I don't recall the advisories being any more verbose pre law....

Thanks.
-KF