Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Vista typographical vulnerability

From: "lsi" <stuart () cyberdelix net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:15:33 +0100

Platforms affected: All

It has come to my attention that Macroslut Vista contains at least
three spelling errors.  These include the "Welcome Center", the
"Security Center" and some other "center" that my poor, addled brain
can't recall right now.

The Vista in question was set to the "UK" region, where "centre" is
spelled correctly.

While (probably) not affecting the operation of the software itself,
these errors are likely to at least cause one small child somewhere
to fail his university entrance exams, and may also precipitate the
labelling of other users as illiterate.

Far be it for me to accuse Macroslut of revisionist imperialism,
never - this is just an isolated case of cluelessness, I'm sure.

In any case if you folks have forgotten, you are speaking English,
and in England, centre is spelled C-E-N-T-R-E... OK???

Stu

---
Stuart Udall
stuart at () cyberdelix dot net - http://www.cyberdelix.net/

---
 * Origin: lsi: revolution through evolution (192:168/0.2)