Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Stereotyping DoS and Don'ts

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:08:34 -0400

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:35:29 EDT, "J. Oquendo" said:

On a serious note, I find it a bit strange that many
who haven't been on "the scene" for quite some time
point out modified histories of what occurred. Perhaps
its time for a tell all book to be written about the
so called hacker/cracker scene from the mid nineties
through now.

History is always written by the winning side.

On the flip side, is there actually *any* one person who's in a position
to give "the real scoop" on how things looked from the hacker/cracker side
of the fence for that decade?  I can think of a bunch of people who could
talk about their corner of the scene, but by 1990 it was big enough that
no one person could know all of it other than by hearsay....