Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Backdooring PDF Files

From: Hugo Francisco González Robledo <hugo.gonzalez () itslp edu mx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:19:32 -0500

I think it depends on the context.

Example 1 (backdoored1.pdf) :

On Ubuntu Linux with Adobe Reader 7.0.1 opens the web page on
mozilla-firefox whitout warning.

On Windows XP sp2 with Adobe Reader 7.0.8 sends a warning about open the
url.

Example 2 (backdoored2.pdf) :

On Ubuntu Linux and windows XP sp2 does nothing apparently.

it, could be possible to make multi-target attacks :)

but other viewers like evince or xpdf don't have any effect :(

Regards!