Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is Firefox JavaScript flawed ?

From: "Brad Causey" <bradcausey () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:54:05 -0500

All,

At this point the accusations made at toorcon have no validity to them. They
were made as "joke" by two individuals that seemed to have a need for
publicity. This is not to say that Firefox is better or worse than IE. I'm
sure that both have their fair share of vulnerabilities. But factually, no
excessive amount of Java vulnerabilities have been validated in Mozilla
Firefox. However, I think this a good shock to the community. Just because
something is open source and holds the number two slot for the browser
marketshare, doesn't make it bulletproff. People have a bad habbit of
assuming that because it's not Microsoft that it is super secure.
-Brad

On 10/10/06, darkcube <darkcube () datavibe net> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Pink Hat wrote:

> Prove it or its FUD.  You and your crackhead friend already fucked it
> up at Toorcon so now you are trying here.

i think you have me confused with someone else -- most likely my two
crackhead friends that i got fucked up with *at* toorcon. i wasn't on
stage, but i definitely was in a few of the slides.

i'm a bit unfamiliar with this 'FUD' term you keep throwing around. sounds
like one of those awesome furry terms, or something.

  - 'cube [DTM/uH/wouldntyouliketoknow?]