Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fallacies on Truths in Caller ID scam

From: Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <ajaypal () bbsbec org>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 03:41:20 +0530 (IST)

Getting back to some very small points here...

----- J. Oquendo <sil () infiltrated net> wrote:
So with let's say a vendor getting back to me on a problem I have, let
the company be Dell for this example. Dell has their outsourced vendor
from Ralwapindi India or somewhere in the vicinity call me, my caller
ID shows 1800GO2DELL, in this scenario either way you want to cut it,
Dell is circumventing the "Truth in Caller ID Act".
Correction: Rawalpindi is not in India.

If the call is from Dell, then does it matter, if the office is in India or Rawalpindi. 1800GO2DELL represents dell.
Please read before you speak: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.05126:

And in that case www.talkety.com is doing something similar from Germany (?). And you can misuse their service to have
fun making prank calls to people from their own numbers.

Just something for though...
ahem..

--
Sincerely