Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: blue security folds

From: nocfed <nocfed () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:16:43 -0500

On 5/19/06, Abuse 007 <abuse007 () gmail com> wrote:
This is a cop out. I don't believe they folded just because of one DDoS
attack.
 What did they do to try to mitigate it?
 I believe there is a fair few anti-DDoS devices that will scrub/filter
traffic.
 I also believe that there is providers that will provide these sorts of
servers. As if an SP that specializing in protection from DDoS could not
figure out how to mitigate this attack.

 They are a technology company that is meant to fight SPAM... I would think
that they wouldn't just fold at the first fight.

 My 2 cents.

Go price a few Cisco Guards, Clean Pipes, Fireslayer and whatever
else.  You'll also need to analyze netflow so check into Arbor
PeakFlow or the likes.  Now build that into your network border and do
not cause latency or any type of 'jitter' or your customers will get
pissed.  You'll need to be able to mitigate/clean/scrub 10Gbps+ and
5,000,000pps+.to a single node that only has a 100mbit uplink.  Sure
is easy!