Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security contact at America Online for an AOL Instant Messenger issue?

From: Kevin <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:32:19 -0500

I found a blog by Justin, Chief Architect for AIM, sent email.

On 5/10/06, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
It's worth of checking their Web pages first, there is AIM Security Central located at
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/security/faq.adp?aolp=

"If you are aware of a security problem with AIM, please click <<here>> to report it."

Goes to
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report_form.adp?topic=security
No registration needed, please select 'SECURITY ISSUE' from the Select Topic drop down menu.

So far I've found about four different web forms, including the above,
all of which have this text at the end of the page:

"Check this checkbox to indicate that you understand this is not a
place to get support, and that you will not receive a reply to the
information you entered above.  You may not submit a bug report unless
you check this box. If you need help solving a problem, please visit
our FAQ page instead."

In my experience, historically it has been all but impossible to get
*any* response from AOL.

Kevin