Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: strange domain name in phishing email

From: gboyce <gboyce () badbelly com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:45:20 -0500 (EST)

I tried this trick against my personal Apache 2 webserver, and got a 400 bad request as well. The apache log is showing "Client sent malformed Host header".

It looks like Apache is getting the decimal host header, and doesn't understand what to do with it. Oddly, the host mentioned in the initial e-mail is also Apache, but it's Apache 1.3.

Is your Apache on windows server 1.x or 2.x?