Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Free "Microsoft" USB FOB!!!

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:13:03 -0500

On 3/1/06, Bob Radvanovsky <rsradvan () unixworks net> wrote:
Microsoft is on the marketing warpath to promote legitimate licensing of their operating system, Windows(tm).  Fill
out the necessary junk, get a free USB flash FOB -- probably 32 MB -- but who cares -- IT'S FREE!!!  You'll need a
Microsoft Passport account and valid USPS address.  Got a Hotmail(tm) account?  That should work here, too.  ;))

Here's the URL link, along with the questions (and their answers):

Free USB drive!  It's probably only 32MB or something stupid, but I though I'd share anyways.  Just click on the
"Valuable Information" link to the right, and use the answers below.

I got one of these from IBM, 32 meg, and only 20 if it was usable. The
other 12 were partitioned CDFS and would try to autorun in winboxes
(unless you have it disabled of course)

-JP