Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hello everyone

From: Octal <octetstream () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:37:21 -0600

Are these old exploits documented anywhere. I guess maybe not otherwise
we'd
have a lot more problems. I've googled around but aren't really sure what
else to search on other than "software exploits" but don't seem to be able
to find a really good one.

You'll probably want to start searching on sites like www.milw0rm.com if you
want to look at exploits, since frsirt went private.  SecurityFocus's
vulnerabilities section lets you search for vulns on vendor products.
Sometimes there's exploit code available sometimes not.

Aside from that if you've got anything specific you're looking for you'll
probably come across it in an old sec list through a google search.

If you haven't started reading phrack you probably should.  I suggest that
to everyone I come across getting started in security.  There's a huge
variety of info there that it'll help jumpstart you into these activities.

And don't take anything seriously in 2600.  It's mostly highschoolers
whining about not being able to browse porn on their school's network. :-)