Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FrSIRT Puts Exploits up for Sale

From: gboyce <gboyce () badbelly com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:33:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Steven Rakick wrote:

Give me a break.

If I discovered a technique for turning copper into
gold and published it on FD, would you consider it
unethical for someone with more business sense to make
money off of it?

Look at Redhat...

The Redhat case is different. They are distributing software that they are licensed to distribute in a for-pay manner (the GPL allows for the sale of software as long as you don't restrict the rights granted by the GPL).

From what I've heard so far, FrSIRT is selling information and code that
was not distributed under a clear license.