Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: HTTP AUTH BASIC monowall.

From: Simon Smith <simon () snosoft com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:42:01 -0500

Mike,
    I just had to respond to you.

Mike Owen wrote:
On 3/16/06, Simon Smith <simon () snosoft com> wrote:

    Flames like yours are useless. If you do not know how to answer the
question that I am asking, then just be quiet. Mark Coleman is one of
the few people that seems to have understood my question and provided me
with a viable solution. Again, thanks Mark!

Adriel or Simon or whatever the hell you're calling yourself these days,

My real name is Alex Baxter, so feel free to call me Alex

You're asking a bullshit question.
Well they say that you catch flies with shit... seems to have caught you. ;]
You're basically saying that ssl is
broken, so you want to tunnel something through ssl that'll be secure
if the ssl wasn't there. Don't fucking use ssl in the first place then
if you don't like it.

I'm not basically saying that SSL is broken, you're just not bright
enough to understand what I am saying (and you, like many others make
assumptions). I am saying that SSL has acceptable risks for certain
applications and non-acceptable risks for others. I am also saying that
I am looking for a way to secure "some" of the data going through the
SSL tunnel.
I'm honestly quite surprised you haven't just replied to the list yet
with the standard YHBT. YHL. HAND. That's all you are doing here, is
just trolling, posting crap to get an argument going so you can sit
back and laugh.

Well, you are surprised because you are an idiot. You assume that I am
doing something that I am not doing.

I've actually had quite a few useful responses to my questions, none
from you of course. But to those who've helped me and understood what I
was asking, Thank You!

--
Regards,
        Jackass