Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sniffing RFID ID's ( Physical Security )

From: mikeiscool <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:41:15 +1000

On 6/27/06, Josh L. Perrymon <joshuaperrymon () gmail com> wrote:
My post was based more on *existing* RFID implementations used for physical
security access cards.

I know that non-contact cards such as RFID Credit Cards use encryption so
on...  But are still vulnerable to non-authorized transactions.. I'm mean..
there is no green button you push to authorize the transaction.

But I just don't believe that the RFID access-card I use to access client
premeises use any type of encryption or only communicate with specific
readers.

IF* this is the case then an attacker should have no problems powering the
card and making a "copy" of the contents.

so what's your question then? how your card works? or how to make it secure?

JP
PacketFocus

www.packetfocus.com
josh.perrymon () packetfocus com