Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Different google interface when using some Tor exit nodes

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:36:30 -0400

I'm aware of that, however, is there any particular reason why the exit
nodes that I've been observing load that version?  Are they owned by
Google developers working on the new interface?  Or are they just normal
users?  Perhaps they are corporate users who have a deal with Google?
There doesn't seem to be any link to the physical location of the nodes.

Yes, there is. Google tries to figure out what country you're in, and present the interface in that language.

Look at where your TOR node is, first by going to something like : http://checkip.dyndns.org .. and then to : http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl?textonly=1

See what country your exit node is in. I'd bet the Google interface matches the country of the TOR node.

/mike.