Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: dns tunneling with win32 client / ProxyCommand

From: Vidar Løkken <vidarlo () vestdata no>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:51:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Paul Szabo wrote:

Stefan Drexleri <niam.tni () googlemail com> wrote:

[on UNIX] use command like this:
ssh -o ProxyCommand="./droute.pl sshdns.server.example.com" user@localhost
this be accomplished on win32 system?
PUTTY unfortunately doesn't have any "ProxyCommand" option ...
Perhaps you could try to build up local SOCKS server ...

I do not think putty has any proxying capabilities. Have a look at

 http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/psz/ssh-with-skey

which does essentially what you want: instead of invoking the proxy from
within ssh/putty, have the proxy invoke ssh/putty. (I have a socks server
written in perl also, please email directly if interested.)

Putty has the same options as the ssh command line on unix. You can use it as a socks proxy (provided remote server allows it), static forwarding and such. Have a look at the documentation at http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.58/htmldoc/Chapter3.html#using-port-forwarding

--
MVH,
Vidar