Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Tool Release - Tor Blocker

From: Giancarlo Razzolini <linux-fan () onda com br>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:56:41 -0300

Seems to me more like security through obscurity. If a hacker own some
other machine, he/she can use tor to get to that machine, and then,
access your vulnerable webserver. Not even to mention that even if the
hacker is a lame one, and "hack" you application from another country,
it's WAY more difficult to prosecute then. I do use tor for legitimate
applications, and it seems that you won't get much friends blocking it.
In the tor faq, there is also an explanation of how to circumvent this
kind of blocking:

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO#head-bbc4ee58b36fa00aec7be6bc4bf19ddb86ba10b9

My 2 cents,
--