Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 16, Issue 8

From: "Anil Gulecha" <anilgulecha () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 19:21:42 +0530

From: nocfed <nocfed () gmail com>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] full disclosure archive mail-scanning
        bot
To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk

On 6/3/06, Anil Gulecha <anilgulecha () gmail com> wrote:
> Joined this list recently, and was browsing the archives online. Was
> wondering that someone not really interested could easily download the
> compressed archives and use a script to read through and gather email
IDs.
> Simple searching for *_at_*.* (this method is used for displaying IDs at
the
> beginning of the page in the web interface) would do the trick I think.
>
>  Dont have any suggestions on how to stop it though. Only idea is a
google
> groups like capcha, but that would be a little hard to implement.
Thoughts?

>  Anil
>  I'd like to change the world, but the code isnt open.

This is a joke, right?  Do a search for all of the archives being
kept.  If you are worried about spam then setup an alias for the list
and block all mail to the address that is not from the correct MTA...

Brr.. I was hazy then.. Never mind. A better way to collect the mail IDs
would be just to sign up to this list, get the daily archive mailed to you
and simply mailbot it.

Will be more <insert app. word> the next time I post
Anil Gulecha