Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A new way to hide from Google and Yahoo

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:10:04 -0400

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:07:44 BST, n3td3v said:
Read more folks, now we can talk about Google and Yahoo without using Tor
www.digg.com/software/World_s_Most_Secure_Instant_Messenger_is_here_!!

Tell me - were any of the Digg votes for that from anybody who had actually
done a code review?  Or they just saw "2048 bit RSA" and got woodies?

(Personally, I wouldn't want to be using 2048 bit RSA for the actual
stream encryption - that's something that IDEA or similar is much better for.
RSA is good for exchanging the IVs for the session keys, and that's about
it.  And anybody want to place bets that it has tons of interesting attacks
on key management?)