Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: cloning PC / run in VMware

From: endrazine <endrazine () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:24:53 +0200

indianz () indianz ch wrote:
Hi there

Thanx for information... Will try my best :)

Have a nice day,
GreetZ from IndianZ

Don't tell me a simple greyed out checkbox can stop you ...

^---> foudstone's showwin.exe usually does the trick

Actually, it's a bit harder.

At export time, the Crypto provider will check the "non exportable"
flag, even if you have "ungreyed" the checkbox.

From here you have 2 choices :

- Searching for the private key blob in the process memory.

- Patching the Crypto provider to kill the check (harder, because of WFP
and some internal checksums inside Crypto providers - e.g. RSAENH.DLL).

if you're ready to do some reverse engineering, then editing the
resources of the app would be better than using showwin.
if they took the time to add checksums, the first solution you mentioned
will prolly be faster.
</my two cents>

I have not heard of any readily usable code on the Internet, but looking
at the slides it should not be too hard to reproduce.

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF

GreetZ from IndianZ

mailto:indianz () indianz ch