Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Undeletable user account.

From: "James Bower" <hando311 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:54:51 +0000

Hi all, one of my servers has recently been compromised. No suprise but the hacker created himself a user account. The problem is that I can't seem to delete the account. The account is not part of any group. When you look at the account it and go to Member Of it doesn't show anything. When I try to delete it as the local admin I get an error saying that "An error occured while trying to delete the user" "The user does not belong to this group.' I've tried adding the account to every group I can think of and then trying but I still get the same error. Also this is a stand alone Windows 2000 Server thats not running Active Directory. Anyone ever seen this before? Thanks,