Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Steve Gibson smokes crack?

From: Jason Coombs <jasonc () science org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:28 +1300

Stan Bubrouski wrote:
Ordinarily I'd argue, but its hard to when we find out Microsoft knew
about the bug for a long time and made a concious decision not to
patch it even though they knew it could lead to a system compromise.

It's hard to imagine anything other than conscious and willful preservation of known backdoors in Windows as an explanation for Microsoft's refusal to enable Windows Firewall by default until XP SP2.

Microsoft knew for years, if not from the very start, that all Windows boxes were by design exposing backdoors on the network, yet they did nothing to remedy the situation nor alert any customer to the risk.

This smells to me like a whole slew of intentional backdoors, and I don't smoke anything.

Regards,

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org