Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: what we REALLY learned from WMF

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 02:12:53 +0200

Adrian Marsden wrote:
This is a silly post.... What are you trying to prove? That in some cases a company can test a patch quicker than in
others?

MS understood the issue, promised a fix on their scheduled date and did better than expected.... So you criticise
them....

Way to go.... Make it so they can never win.... then they won't bother... and we all know who suffers then....

I may chose MS as an example that companies CAN do better. I believe this "fluke" gave us the perfect example of how security incidents should be handled.

Why should we now settle for less?

Naturally, each problem has its own issues and time demands. That doesn't change the fact of the matter.

        Gadi.