Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [funsec] WMF round-up, updates and de-mystification

From: InfoSecBOFH <infosecbofh () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 04:11:24 -0800

Jesus Larry... think its responsible of you as a so called reporter of
the news to be reccomending a third party non-vendor patch that doesnt
even completely fix the issue?  Whitehat rootkit huh?  do you even
know what a whitehat is let alone a rootkit.

Stick to the NEWS and not your fiction.

On 1/3/06, Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
GE> The "patch" by Ilfak Guilfanov works, but by disabling a DLL in Windows.
PV> I wouldn't say it does that. If you really want to simplify it in the
extreme, it hides the vulnerable function.

Think of it as a "White Hat Rootkit"

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/