Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Buffer Overflow vulnerability in Windows Display Manager [Suspected]

From: Lise Moorveld <lise_moorveld () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 06:06:56 -0800 (PST)

Dear Sumit,

Could you tell me how you exploited this buffer
overflow issue in Firefox so I can try and reproduce
it? I notice a lot of A's in your address bar but I'm
not sure whether that's it and if so, how many A's are
used.

Regards,

Lise

--- Sumit Siddharth <sumit.siddharth () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,
The Windows display manager crashes when a BOF is
attempted on a mozilla
firefox.
This has different results on different windows
machine.
In Windows XP only the display manager crashes ,
whereas on a Windows 2000
server the BSOD(Blue screen of death )appears and
the system hangs.
I am using Firefox 1.0.6. I think that the bug is in
the display driver and
not with firefox. Kindly find a screen shot attached
with this email.

Thanks
Sumit

--