Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Compromised hosts lists

From: security czar <guardczar () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:17:52 -0800 (PST)

Come'on - WTF - A 100 Million compromised machines.  So you are saying roughly 40-60 percent of the Internet is
infected.

Dont pick a number out of your ass and state it as fact to make a point.  Just make your point.  I cant stand it when
know-it-all men like you spray and pray to hear yourself talk.

Yes you are right it makes sense to work with a positive security model.  Make the point and stop trying to impress us
with the profoundness of your BS.

I say this lovingly :)

gz

At which point a list of the 100 million or so compromised > machines believed to be out there doesn't do you much
good.  (Yes, the number is likely to be that high - at one > point we were seeing several hundred thousand new
zombies > *per day*.)