Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: msgina.dll

From: trains () doctorunix com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:46:35 -0600

Quoting khaalel <khaalel () gmail com>:

Google, I find msgina.dll  (
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/security/msgina.mspx)
but I don't know how to modify it (I'm a linux and bsd hacker, windows
working is a world I visit rarely...).

Did someone already work with this dll?? I'm looking for some code examples,
some tutorials, some help to know how to use a smartcard and not
login/password at startup...

I have written my own, plus I have modified others. It is not too difficult, but the available documentation is sparse. Had I known about pgina, I never would have written my own.

http://pgina.xpasystems.com/

Another open source gina is the "agreement" gina that puts up security notices. I cannot find the link right now. The gina model is quite simplistic (if not simple) and readily understandable. Anyway, if you have never worked with windows system development tools, you are in for a treat. 8)

Microsoft publishes two gina samples with the SDK. Both are flawed, but it might get you started.

Email solutions, MS Exchange alternatives and extrication,
security services, systems integration.
Contact:    services () doctorunix com