Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Using SMS spoofing to locate almost anyone in the UK without their permission

From: Adam Laurie <adam.laurie () thebunker net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:17:23 +0000

Sebastian Wolfgarten wrote:
Hi,

interesting idea. However Major Malfunction did this ages ago (even in an automated manner where the individual does not have to respond to the text message as his software does instead) as part of the Trifinite's research on Bluetooth security. See their 22C3 presentation for more information.

Indeed... This was actually amongst the first knock-on effects we thought up... (slides show it was April 2004):

  http://www.thebunker.net/press-bluetooth-defcon/mgp00009.html
  http://www.thebunker.net/press-bluetooth-defcon/mgp00010.html

The trifinite tool you mention we've now dubbed "BlueStalker"... which reminds me... must get around to publishing it... :)

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 20 7605 7000
The Bunker Secure Hosting Ltd.      Fax: +44 (0) 20 7605 7099