Full Disclosure mailing list archives

What is wrong with schools these days?

From: "CrYpTiC MauleR" <crypticmauler () linuxmail org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:34:01 -0500

Already 2 school breaches on the news this week and my school will soon be added to the ever growing list, is this a
trend? I mean how hard is it to protect some data. Allocate all the sensitive data on a select few servers and harden
the hell out of them. Do these schools have info scattered around on various servers and sites and don't know what is
where? I mean Jesus Christ just this week 477,000 personal records have been possibly breached. Does anyone know of any
federal law being made or in discussion to prevent these from being an everyday thing and enforcing policies like
California has?

University after university is being hit, wait until elementary, middle and high schools become attacked since so many
are moving towards putting and doing everything from grades, enrollment and attendance through a computer network. Its
a disaster waiting to happen. I really wish there was better laws enforcing that these areas are better protected.