Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Alas poor Dunfey, I knew it well

From: "Daniel Sichel" <daniels () Ponderosatel com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:47:56 -0700

               THURSDAY, MAY 11, 1978 - 2 PM

                   DUNFEY'S ROYAL COACH

                   SAN MATEO, CA

                   (4 MILES SOUTH OF S.F. AIRPORT AT BAYSHORE, RT

101 AND RT 92)

Sorry, but I couldn't stop myself from mourning the loss of an old
friend referenced in your DEC spam, the wondrous Dunfey hotel, a
medieval themed inn of great renown for wargames conventions and SCA
members alike. Sadly, ironically it is now just another Marriot, grim
and business classed.  A sad metaphor for so much these days.  As to DEC
and their demise *^*&(  'em, they were too pricey anyway.

BTW, at what point does SPAM become history, and is there an online
museum of the internet with famous stuff like this?  I mean it is
arguably the first SPAM, it aught to be immortalized somewhere. Maybe
host the sight on a PDP 11-20?

Dan Sichel