Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: rainbowtables.schmoo.com dead?

From: Gridmark <gridmark () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:04:45 -0500

Actually, its http://rainbowtables.shmoo.com, but it's currently down for
maintenance.

As per Shmoo.com:
"Some of our previous website content may be unavailable while we are
performing updates."

-Gridmark

On 4/12/06, Ron <iago () valhallalegends com> wrote:

Hello,

I found myself in a situation today where I needed to crack a Windows
password.  I decided that, since I have enough room to store them now,
I'd grab a table from http://rainbowtables.schmoo.com.  When I went
there, I discovered, my horror, that I was redirected to a search engine
page.

Luckily, I managed to crack the passwords in a different way, they were
like 5-characters alphabetic.  But the problem remains, I'd like to get
a good rainbow table.

Does anybody know another site where rainbow tables can be downloaded
for free?  A quick Google search turned up nothing.  If nothing comes
up, perhaps I'll generate my own tables, but I'd rather not spend months
doing it.

Thanks,
Ron

--
You will patch your PC or so help me god I will napalm your children.