Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: info on ip spoofing please

From: "Ian stuart Turnbull" <ian.t7 () hotmail co uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:33:15 +0100

Thanks again for an excellent response. All this info is just what I'm after. However, in that TCP sequence attack my original point is still not clear to me. As I understand it he found 2 machines talking to one another, kept one of them busy while spoofing the other one pretending to be the one he was keeping busy. I still don't understand HOW he found these 2 machines conversing in the first place. Surely he wasn;t on the same network? OR maybe that is exactly the answer and he was? Though this is not clear from the text it appears this was an attack from a totally remote city?
It is this that has piqued my interest.

Ian t