Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: LSADump2 Crashing Windows

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:16:33 -0400

This is a bug in lsadump2 - there's a type mismatch in one of the functions, although I forget which one. Something is a pointer which shouldn't be, or vice versa. Once you fix that, it'll be good to go.

-dave

John McGuire wrote:

I have also had this happen to me, but have not had any luck in narrowing down the exact culprit. As you stated, it does not appear to just be tied to MS patches. I have a series of virtual machines running at various patch levels, and none of them will crash. Running it on my fully patched laptop, however, will crash every time. If you happen to find the answer off this list, please post it. I’d love to know more about it. Thanks

John