Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re[2]: (TOOL) TAPiON (Polymorphic Decryptor Generator) Engine

From: Alejandro Barrera <abarrera () iron-gate net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:41:51 +0200

Re,

If you want some indepth on polymorphis I recomend you the 29a papers:
http://vx.netlux.org/29a/

I'm not a master in this branch however let me citate one of the
aritcles found on the server you sent me (i also recomend you to read it):

I read it long ago thxs.

     Level 4: decryptor uses interchangeable instructions and changes
their order (instructions mixing). Decryption algorithm remains unchanged.

     Level 5: all the above mentioned techniques are used, decryption
algorithm is changeable, repeated encryption of virus code and even
partial encryption of the decryptor code is possible. "
----- CUT --------------------------------------------------------------

So appending to this source i got a level 3 or level 4, unless you fully
understand the source. I'm not saying it is perfect, is was written in 5
days.

  Well, at least what I've seen is a level 3 polymorphism, due to the fact that
  you don't perform instrucction mixing, but block mixing which is quite
  different.

  Don't get me wrong, I love to see this kind of source and I'm a great fan of
  polymorphic engines :) Just making a note that your approach needs a little
  bit more of tweaking :)

Hope this helps you.

best regards,
Piotr Bania