Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Mozilla Firefox "Host:" Buffer Overflow

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:03:03 -0500

Andrew wrote:
What about all those poor mom's and dad's who were encouraged
to use Firefox but have 0 clue as to what the heck
Full-Disclosure is?  Seems to me your idea of "everyone" is misguided.

And if a patch is released for Firefox, those same mom and dad still
aren't going to know it is out there. They aren't aware when Microsoft
releases patches...so I believe there is no correct "everyone". We are
all on different levels of security understand and some people just
don't care (or know any better to care).

I believe Dave was referring the security/network admins as a whole that
have to watch over their users (hence "everyone that cares about the
security of their network") - which isn't every mom and pap...or they
wouldn't be using open Linksys routers in the first place. This list
isn't out there to protect  every mom and pap on the world....

-Todd