Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Win XP 64 bit [ was RE: Enough's enough... ]

From: "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway strangled net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:49:50 +0530

Offtopic: Is the 64bit version of Windows XP
worth getting? My gf just bought a new Compaq
with a 64bit Turion in it, and it came with the
regular XP Home. She's debating whether or not
to buy the 64bit version, and I'm of no help
since I don't really use Windows on any of my
machines except for testing stuff.

It would be great to have a 64 bit version just for
The enhanced internet explorer - if you don't have
Mozilla.

Also pop from my head stack...
Sony rootkit didn't work for 64 bit for some reason
So it might be more secure...

Before getting it make sure that you find the 64 bit
drivers for everything first.