Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Secure Data Deletion Idea?

From: John Blood <scoopachunkapoo () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:23:40 -0800 (PST)

I know there are a lot of people that want to comment
on this....

I'm thinking about what the possibilities for a secure
data deletion business would have in the United
States.  What are the legal ramifications of providing
a no questions asked data wiping service to businesses
and individuals (using tools like DBAN, Erase, etc).
It's understood about data not being totally "gone" no
matter how many times it is erased, blah blah blah,
but are there any constraints that would prevent such
a business from flourishing?