Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: windows linux final study

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:16:08 -0600

Well, the only reply to that would be:

Since the catholic church say God exists and they have a vested interest
in the matter they must be lying.  Therefore God doesn't exist.  I rest
my case.

Of course I'd be skeptical of their proof. If the Republicans came out with proof that Democrats suck, I'd be skeptical. When a commercial says "we are proven to have the best rates" I'm skeptical.
"Statistics can be used to prove anything - 53% of all people know that"

Statistics can be skewed, important numbers can be ignored, numbers can be used to prove different things if used cleverly, and an experiment can be designed in such a way to favor one side (a bias). That's why, for an experiment involving statistics, I want to see a neutral party finding the results.

But that's just me. That's no more than an argument against the theory.