Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [ISN] How To Save The Internet

From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:04:23 +0000 GMT

Arndt.WA () forces gc ca wrote:
If you're dealing with a large
company or government
department, who "physically owns"
the computer in question, you can't
tell me that they're going to
micromanage exactly what goes on
with that system. They'll delegate
the authority

Working in computer forensics as I do, I can tell you that nobody today has the capability to delegate the authority
you refer to, except microchip manufacturers. They are mostly silent on the subject, because they have other
non-general-purpose computing products, and anyone can pay them to have custom products built.

It is the intellectual property decision that box owners make today that results in the absence of the owner's ability
to delegate control because the owner does not have a proper means of control.

The opportunity to receive a means of control is being missed at the product/intellectual property selection step.

This is changing...

Sincerely,

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org