Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Ideas for school project...

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:04:22 -0600

Hi everybody,

I'm taking a fourth year University course called "Topics in Computer Security." One of our assignments is a "major project" (probably a 10 or so page report, although she hasn't been very specific on the requirements) that's due in a few weeks. We have been given a choice of topics, and we are required to do research on what we choose.

I am vairly well versed in all of these fields, and they all interest me. I have have a creative block, and can't think of anything exciting to do with any of these. I'm hoping that somebody can suggest an interesting area that fits under one of these topics that is worth investigating, or perhaps a recently published paper that discusses it in an interesting way.

Thanks to anybody who can help, and no, I'm not asking anybody to do homework for me. I'm just hoping that somebody says something which sparks some creativity.

-Ron

The topics are:

* Malicious logic.
* Intrusion detection.
* Denial of service attacs in computer networks.
* Security issues in sensor networks
* Program security.

Thanks again!