Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [SPAM] Fw: Newest Internet Security Patch

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:20:00 +1300

class 101 wrote:

This might be helpful to spot out this fake microsoft mail telling
you to download the attachement. It does several times that Im
receiving it and I guess many users trusts it's from ms but it is
not. (attachement removed from this mail), looks like the sender is a
wanadoo.fr host.

Looks terribly, terribly like a Swen posting to me.

I don't recall the precise date, but the day Swen.A was released I was
in Munich a week or two before the Virus Bulletin conference the year
the latter was in Toronto.  Thinking back, VB 2004 was Chicago and VB
2003 was in Toronto, and the VB conference is usually at the very end
of September and very occasionally the very beginning of October, so
let's say Swen was released mid-September 2003.

Hardly news, eh?

And certainly not worth bothering a list like F-D with...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald