Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: In USA the Government Votes for YOU? - Electronic Voting Systems'Security, Report

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:22:00 -0400

Paul Schmehl wrote:

Interesting in what way? There's one unsubstantiated claim of electronic voting machines in one area that "transferred" an unknown number of votes from Kerry to Bush. The entire rest of the report has to do with procedural complaints that have applicability to any security issues that I'm aware of. There's no evidence presented of fraud or malfunction issues regarding electronic voting machines other than the single unsubstantiated claim mentioned above.

If you're referring to the broader issue of fairness in elections, I'll get excited about Conyers' report when the Democrats thoroughly investigate Wisconsin and Washington. Until then, their complaints fall on deaf ears.

Wisconsin and Washington are apples and oranges when compared to the potential scope of fraud in Ohio or Florida. Most democrats would agree with you, though, that investigations should occur (myself included)... that is, non-biased investigations with the intent of finding out any errors that actually occurred and repairing them.

Of course, we could just reply to the republican disgust over Washington and Wisconsin by just repeating the often used line "Get over it", but that would too far expose the hypocrisy of the roght-wing agenda. And that such complaints would fall on deaf ears with you, Paul, is not surprising.

In any case, you're right about one thing... as interesting as this report is, it's probably not entirely relevent here; but I suspect that's not the real reason that you objected to its content.

            -Barry