Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Can we have...

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:25:57 +1300

Etaoin Shrdlu to Brian Anderson:

<<snip>>
I have previously messaged the List-Owner regarding adding this
however he suggested I ask the list so here I am.

Do you believe that this is "good idea" and should be implemented?

It is not at all a good idea.  ...

Au contraire...

...  I don't read the list in a digest, ...

In which case the issue Brian was asking about is moot!

... and
can't see why I should Might I suggest either using a gmail account to
subscribe, or channeling it in as a newsgroup (ala Usenet), which will
allow you to have what you want, and not inconvenience the rest of us.

Anything not plaintext just doesn't belong on a security mailing list.

As I pointed out in another message, Mailman is supposed to support the
MIME multipart/digest content type as a user-selectable option _AFTER_
they have chosen the digest option.  If this option were made available
by the list admins _AND_ Brian chose it,, it would not affect your
copies of the list mail at all.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.