Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Scan for IRC

From: Nikolay Baramov <Blady () unibg net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:25:07 +0000

Other ports commonly used are 7000 and 9000.

---
greetings
N. Baramov
[irc.tu-varna.edu]

On Saturday 22 January 2005 00:10, Oliver Leitner wrote:
from what i know normally irc runs on tcp 6667

assides of that irc can be on any port, so id try to rather block the
central big servers instead of going for the port, and dont forget to block
all known or unknown web pages that feature webirc portals...

well, that are my few thoughts.

greetings
Oliver Leiter
Technical Staff