Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: harddisk encryption

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:23:40 -0600

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 10:27 +0100, Lentila de Vultur wrote:
i'm evaluating a software that performs harddisk encryption for deploying in
my company. the software in question is utimaco safeguard easy v4.10
(www.utimaco.com) running on w2k.

i am interested in communitty's oppinion about this product.

Since others are still throwing in their recommendations, let me add
mine as well. Back in the days when I used Windows, I really liked
HardDisk Encryption Plus from PCGuardian (www.pcguardian.com). It is a
full-disk encryption program (or just a partition if you like). My old
NT4 laptop was encrypted with it. No problems. Nice admin and recovery
features. But what I really liked was the transparent encryption of the
whole disk which you unlocked with a password on boot-up.
I believe they still offer eval versions. Feel free to give them a try.

Regards,
Frank

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html