Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Full-disclosure: Interesting but suspicious possible phishing mail

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno () wolff to>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:58:16 -0600

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 19:56:17 -0600,
  RandallM <randallm () fidmail com> wrote:
Have been getting a number of these come thru also at work.
Of course all the users are asking me questions about these.
They all have the strange words, paragraphs, and questions like this one.
They really got my attention. I at first thought they were hidden messages
but
Not so as the one we receive come as text.

I believe they are intended to break bayesian filtering. If you start
tagging those messages as spam you are likely to have the false positive
rate of your bayesian filter increase. Presumably they want average users
to give up on bayesian filtering after having problems with it.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html